Thursday, January 15, 2009

--> one of those days

For a day where I woke up looking like this -

"Hello there, Good Looking."

- my day ended up turning out pretty darn good. (And my hair improved a little.)

Visited Sockpuppet & co this morning, and exchanged my brother for 'Puppet. Went and hit the op-shops together - only got through op-shop no. 1 before we decided to call it a day, already with two respective bags of discounted treasure and twin grins - all for just $17 each.

After a quick breeze through my place (breeze! where was the breeze today?!! D^: ) to pick up cozzies, we jumped in 'Puppet's pool and kicked around with the boys for a while till our tummies decided to vocalise their demand for food.

With a tucker of fresh pocket-bread - full of home-made hommus, fresh-picked spinach leaves and tomato - safely satisfying our stomachs, we sat in the cool of the air-conditioning and showed off our loot, basking in it's awesomeness.

A red vest, grey pants, white camisole top, grey long top, pj pants, pair of gloves, set of sheets, four pillow cases, three tiny pouches, a string of red beads, two jars of buttons, a red soap dish, silver tray, 20 cardboard books for Grete, and five old books - "Don Quixote, Vol 1" by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, "Man, The Unknown" by Alexis Carrel, "Architectural Drawing & Lettering" by Bourne-Von-Holst-Brown, "Shakespeare's Critics" by Eastman & Harrison, and "How to Write & Speak Better" from Reader's Digest.
All that, for $17.

I think I'm going to go and bask a bit more. ;^D


Puppet's weaponry on show in - what's that? - glass jars you say? Well I never. ;^)

The loot, in all its glory. Bask in it, I say! Bask!

Wow - who knew playing with the aperture could be so much fun...

... twiddling with the shutter speed = also fun.

To make a good day even better, it rained. And stormed. The hot humid day transformed into a cool fresh evening, making this officially the best day I've had in a very long time.

Now, I'm going to go put on my new pants and vest, and read "Don Quixote" in my cushy red chair.

Adios!

(A/N: Many exuberant thanks to Sockpuppet, Ophelia Darcy and Mini-W's - for coming op-shopping, and for entertaining my brother - it made my day, and I daresay his too. :^) Also, you guys have to come over here next time.) :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment